← Revision 39 as of 2019-06-04 11:07:42
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
|'''White Papers''' will be written to '''show comunity demand for new instrumentation at the JCMT'''. Submission deadline:''' June 30^th^, 2019'''. Links to the individual White Paper pages can be found here for the '''Continuum science case''':||'''White Papers''' will be written to '''show community demand for new instrumentation at the JCMT'''. Submission deadline:''' June 30^th^, 2019'''. Links to the individual White Paper pages can be found here for the '''Continuum science case''':|
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
|* [[White Paper East Asia VLBI]]|| * [[https://www.eao.hawaii.edu/EAO-Futures-Discussion-2019/White%20Paper%20East%20Asia%20VLBI|East Asia VLBI]]
__'''EAO Futures White Paper Latex Template:'''__ [[attachment:EAOWhitePaperTemplate.zip]]
EAO Sub-mm Futures White Papers Discussion Wiki
This wiki is designed to aid in the ongoing discussion of the future of sub-mm astronomy within the East Asian Observatory. This wiki has been created on the back of the 2019 EAO Sub-mm Futures Meeting held at PMO, Nanjing, China. The main topics that were discussed at the meeting were:
White Papers will be written to show community demand for new instrumentation at the JCMT. Submission deadline: June 30th, 2019. Links to the individual White Paper pages can be found here for the Continuum science case:
EAO Futures White Paper Latex Template: EAOWhitePaperTemplate.zip
Guide to the new 850micron Camera specifications:
Notes on writing White Papers
We thank you for supporting the writing of such important documents - White Papers in Support of a new 850 micron MKID continum Camera at the JCMT. The dealine for the white papers is June 30th.
- nine page limit
- Focus of paper on what can be achived with a new 850 micron MKID continum Camera
- Devote less than two pages to potential - future upgrades such as the 450 micron and heterodyne demands.
Example White Papers
For example White Papers visit feel free to look at the East Asian Vision for mm/submm VLBI White Paper and the SCUBA-2 White Paper "The Submillimeter Universe" by Scott et al. In addition links to the Science White papers submitted to Astro2020 Decadal Survey.
Questions to answer in the White Papers:
General overview of the science:
- What are the motivating scientific questions to be answered?
- What is the impact (or potential impact) of applied JCMT data?
Overview of Current Work:
- What is the current status of answering the motivating questions introduced in the previoussection?
- Is there a JCMT Large Program that attempts to address these questions?
- What synergies exist with other facilities/wavelengths?
The Next 5-10 Years:
- How can this work be furthered with new instrumentation?
- Assuming a factor of 10 increase inmapping speed at 850 microns, how would this work be affected?
- Assuming an increase inpolarisation mapping speed of 20 times, how would this work be affected?
- Does your team have a plan for initiating or extending a large program?
- Are there any additional requirements of the new instruments that are necessary to address themotivating scientific questions?
- Comment on JCMT’s role in your research in terms of data obtained using othertelescopes/facilities (including plans to make use facilities coming online in the near-future).
How to use this site
Please come and provide comments and input on the discussion topics you are interested in. Or start your own!
A Wiki is a collaborative site, anyone can contribute and share:
Edit any page by pressing Edit at the top or the bottom of the page
Create a link to another page with joined capitalized words (like WikiSandBox) or with [[words in brackets]]
- Search for page titles or text within pages using the search box at the top of any page
RecentChanges: see where people are currently working
WikiSandBox: feel free to change this page and experiment with editing
FindPage: search or browse the database in various ways
HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax: quick access to wiki markup
SiteNavigation: get an overview over this site and what it contains
This wiki is powered by MoinMoin.